Architecture: Around the World Part 1
Firstly, architecture, the art, and technique of designing and building. Architects design structures such as office buildings, businesses, stadiums, schools, malls, and homes. They also design outdoor spaces.
Is architecture a good career?
In addition, architects are highly respected in society making this a good career.
Different types of architecture
- Firstly, Landscape architect – A person that designs outdoor environments.
- Architectural technologist – An architectural technologist provides technical building design services and is trained in architectural technology.
- Architectural designer – So, they create digital plans based on architectural sketches, visiting construction sites, oversee contractors and facilitate communications with consultants.
- Preservation architect – They prepare plans for appropriate work on historic buildings and direct the work to preserve important features and avoid damage.
- Green building and retrofit architect – This person’s job is to safeguard water, air and the earth by choosing eco-friendly materials and protecting the biodiversity of the area during construction.
- Commerical architect – Somone that specialises in designing commercial buildings such as shops, restaurants and public buildings.
- Finally, Industrial architect – An architect that designs buildings for industry.
Best places to study
- Firstly, England
- United Arab Emirates
- Finally, The Netherlands
Examples of famous architecture
- Firstly, Eiffel tower – France, Paris. In fact, it was constructed 31st of March 1889
- Secondly, The Burj Al Arab – Dubai. Constructed in 1994, Finished 1999
- Parthenon – Greece, Athens. Constructed in 447BC
- Angkor Wat – Cambodia. Constructed in the 12th century
- Saint Peters Basilica – Italy, Rome, Vatican. So, this started to be constructed in 1506 and was finished in 1415.
- Sydney Opera House – Australia, Sydney. Constructed in 1973
- Colosseum – Italy, Rome. Constructed in 70AD
- Tower bridge London. – Constructed in 1886
- Hagia Sophia Istanbul – Turkey. Constructed in 537AD
- Kremlin – Moscow. In addition, its constructed in the 13th century
- Empire State Building – New York. Constructed in the 1930s
- Petronas Towers Kuala – Malaysia, Lumpur. Constructed in 1993
- Leaning tower Pisa – Italy, Pisa. Furthermore, its constructed in 1173
- Taj Mahal – India, Agra. So, it was constructed in 1631
- Guggenheim museum Bilbao– Spain, Bilbao. Constructed in 1997
- Beijing national stadium – China, Beijing. Constructed in 2008
- Flatiron Building – New York. Furthermore, its constructed in 1902
- Villa Savoye – France, Poissy. In fact, it was constructed 1931
- Finally, Kauffman residence or falling water – Pennsylvania. Constructed in 1936.