Project ManagementProject management is the application of processes, methods, skills, knowledge and experience to achieve specific project objectives according to the project acceptance criteria within agreed parameters. Project management has final deliverables that are constrained to a finite timescale and budget.
The core components of project management are:
- Understanding the project, and the reasoning behind it;
- Understanding the project requirements, specifying quality of the deliverables, estimating resources and timescales;
- Developing and implementing a management plan for the project;
- Leading and liaising with the project delivery team;
- Managing the risks, issues and changes on the project;
- Monitoring progress against plan;
- Managing the project budget;
- Maintaining communications with the client and the project contractors;
- managing the risks, issues and changes on the project;
- monitoring progress against plan;
- managing the project budget;
- maintaining communications with stakeholders and the project organisation;
- provider management;
- closing the project in a controlled fashion when appropriate.
At Pro Arkitects – Design & Builds Experts, our project managers are here to reduce your stress during the construction period. The project manager assigned to your project is involved with the design and planning of the project and therefore has detailed understanding of the tasks that will be required to complete your project on time and in budget. It is recommended that project managers are assigned to your project if
- The construction is something new or an alteration;
- To be completed in a timespan: with a desirably fixed start and end;
Effective project management will have several benefits, such as:
- The construction phase achieving the desired result;
- Ensuring efficient and best value of resources;
- Satisfying the differing needs of the client.
Pro Arkitects – Design & Builds Expert aim is to deliver projects to a set of requirements within an agreed budget and timeframe. At Pro Arkitects – Design & Builds Experts have a team of people that come together to focus on specific project objectives. As a result, effective teamwork is central to successful projects.
Once you have gained the relevant planning permission for your project, our quantity surveyors and project managers will work together to gain an understanding of the project and produce a cost estimate for your project. Our project managers will then tender your project to at least three contractors on our panel of vetted and trusted contractors. It is the aim of the project manager to achieve the best price from these contractors. Once we have received the prices from our contractors, you will be presented with a detailed breakdown of the project costs. Once an overall price and start date has been agreed, our project managers arrange the relevant contractors for your construction and liaise with you and the contractors throughout the construction phase to ensure the project is on time and in budget.
Anyone and everyone can manage projects, even if they aren’t formally called a ‘project manager’. In construction, we understand that circumstances change and therefore without project management of your project, it can be hard to achieve your desired project on time and in budget.
Project management is used throughout the construction industry to ensure projects are completed to the specified construction and management plans. Therefore, we always recommend that you assign a project manager to your project to ensure your finished project is what you desired.