House in multiple occupation licence

Rent out your property on a Multiple House Share to maximise your cash flow

Over 500 completed projects and counting in architectural services

Planning for an HMO?

Are you looking to achieve the maximum amount of HMO rooms to rent, then we have the service for you. At Pro Arkitects – Design & Build Experts, our Architectural Design team can achieve the maximum number of HMO rooms. As well as, increase the size of those rooms and also provide a high standard of multi-let accommodation with en-suite facilities. Luckily for you, we have the skills to help you get what you need. In addition, having completed over 500 projects including all types of property conversions in Article 4 Direction HMO areas and conservation areas in the South East of England. So, we are here to help you build your multi-let property with little effort. Our team of experienced Architectural designers and technologists will produce your HMO planning drawings. Then, we will ensure the design gives you the most profitable layout of your property according to the HMO planning policies and regulations. Furthermore, our team can then assist in submitting these drawings to your local authority to gain HMO Planning Permission.

What is a HMO?

A house in multiple occupations is a property rented out by at least 3 people who are not from 1 ‘household’ (for example a family) but share facilities like the bathroom and kitchen. It’s sometimes called a ‘house share’.

Do i need planning permission for a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO)?

Will you need planning permission for an HMO?

If you’re planning to rent your property to tenants who will be sharing the same kitchen and bathroom. You need to know the key essentials of applying for Planning Permission for Houses in Multiple Occupations. In addition, it’s equally crucial to be aware of the required legal procedures regarding HMOs in order to avoid any fines of up to £20,000.

The regulations for General Permitted Development Order (GDPO) were amended on 1 October 2010. The permitted development rights give permission for change of use between two use classes. From a C3 Dwelling House to a C4 HMO, subject to certain limits and conditions.

If you’re passionate about HMOs and property investments, a beginner, or an experienced HMO landlord. In fact, we can help you understand the fundamentals of planning permission requirements. And also how to convert your house into a multi-let with certainty

We Are Pro Arkitects
We have been transforming the ideas and visions into award-winning projects