If you want the independence of owning your own home but don’t quite have the facilities to do so yet a tiny house is a great option. This is because it is a creative way to address the lack of affordable living and reduces living costs
What is tiny house?
A structure is considered a tiny house when it is less than 40 square meters. While they are much smaller than a typical home, they provide the benefits and comforts of larger homes. They can often include a full kitchen, Livingroom, and bathrooms, and also bedrooms that can fit a queen-size bed. So even though the structure is small you can still have a lot of what a normal house would have.
Tiny house movement –
There is a movement called the tiny house movement that started in the 1970s. It is an architectural and social movement that advocates for downsizing living spaces and essentially living with less. The movement was also regarded as a potential eco-friendly solution to the housing industry. It is also a feasible option for individuals who are homeless or have a lack of shelter.
Just like what the movement is trying to help with it is a necessity for some people who can’t afford a typical house. People who want tiny houses can build their own homes and have some fun with them. The houses are usually around 40 square meters or less. And if you decide to build one yourself you could do it for less than £7,200. Whereas if you buy one the average price is around £35,000.
Some people build their home on a trailer base so it becomes a towable vehicle because it avoids the complications of a permanent home with foundations. It will also free up some of your time because you won’t have to spend as much time working. And that is because you will not have an obligation to pay off a mortgage. You will also then have more time to spend with your friends and family and will be outside more.
Why a tiny home might not be for you:
- It is a niche market and could be a risky investment
- You can still live small by adopting a minimal lifestyle at home.
- The majority of homes can only accommodate only one or two residents
- You would have to minimise your stuff and maybe get rid of a lot of things
- The supply is high but the demand is small, and it might take a while to resell it.
- It will be hard to host or entertain overnight guests.
- An average home allows buyers to grow into. A tiny home limits lifestyle.